Welcome to the website of the Chilean Pensions Supervisor. We are the technical authority responsible for the supervision and control of the institutions involved in the Chilean Pension System: · The Institute of Social Security (IPS), the public entity in charge of managing the system of Solidarity Pensions created by law 20.255 of 2008 and the contributory pensions deriving from the old pension system (pre-1981 reform); · Pension Fund Managers (AFP), the private institutions responsible for collecting social security contributions, managing Pension Funds and providing and administering the benefits set out in D.L. 3.500, the body of law that regulates them; · Unemployment Funds Manager (AFC), a private institution selected through an open public auction to manage the individual capitalization-based Unemployment Insurance system, created in 2002 to provide unemployment benefits financed by individuals' savings and a Solidarity Fund. We are also responsible for supervising the Medical Commissions in charge of the disability qualification necessary to opt for a disability pension in either the private or solidarity pension system.
Documents available in English
- The Chilean Pension System (fourth edition)
- Documento de trabajo Nº21: Risk-Based Supervision of Pension Funds
- Documento de trabajo Nº20: Long Term Risk Assessment in a Defined Contribution Pension System
- Documento de trabajo Nº18: How to Integrate Disability Benefits into an Individual Account System: The Chilean Model
- Documento de trabajo Nº17: Unemployment Insurance in Chile: Does it Stabilize the Business Cycle?
- Documento de trabajo Nº16: Portfolio Choice and Benchmarking: The Case of the Unemployment Insurance Fund in Chile
- Documento de trabajo Nº14: The Payout Stage in Chile: Who Annuitizes and Why?